Friday, April 08, 2011

Games

Games are for children. I remember fondly being a child, playing Uno, and Chutes and Ladders. We played Cowboys and Indians and Circus games and stuff, I of course was always the most powerful character in our make-believe games, and I only played the board games and card games that I knew how to win. I was never much interested in the pureluck oriented games. I don't like the risk of losing.

When I grew up I began to work in politics, and I referred to it as the game. Many of my friends and family would get angry, because they thought it was inconsiderate to refer to it as a game, when it affected people's lives so much. I told them it's about winning. When you win you have the power, and when you have the power you can make things better. Needless to say, I eventually tired of the game, which is why I don't play it anymore... I'm more of a Monday morning Quarterback now a days.

I played the game with men for years. Again I learned the rules, I developed strategies and I played to win. Sometimes winning meant simply achieving a hookup, sometimes it meant building a relationship(however long it lasted) and sometimes it meant simply being the one to walk away first, so as not to be broken. I rarely did the last one well, though I did it. I grew tired of this game as well. As my sister said today, As an adult you only want to play games occasionally, when you're bored and need something to do for entertainment...

But circumstances have changed, I suppose I am bored.

After a little heartbreak and some sad times, I realized I am not going to ever get what I want out of the guy I've been seeing. He seems to like players, and like I said I'm bored... So I'm playing games. I've lost a couple rounds and I've won a couple rounds, but ultimately I will win the game, because I have nothing on the line to lose. I have a little bit of guilt playing this game, because he's a sweet guy. But I watched him play the game and get played and enjoy it all, so my thinking is it seems to be his thing.

I will tire quickly of this game, as I tend to with most but for now it will be my entertainment. It beats a night alone playing Uno against a computer right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home