Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I heard it the second I met you…

That sound, it reminded me, you know the one, of a 1970s arcade or backroom of a dark dive-bar…

I did what I could, evading you like you would be death to me

You did what you do best, chasing me like I was the life force to your new world order…

The tables turned and I chased that purple sheet around the labyrinth of events, corners the outside world can see around, but we cannot, and you waited it out… slowly…

You chased me again this time with more fervor, because allowing me to find and attain that sacred fruit, was too much for you….

But I grabbed that pearl, I procured that life-saving gem and you, you were ruined, marked for death… I chased you until I caught you, with every strategic bone in my being, pushing to my limits my intelligence and planning….

And when I caught you, you surrendered easily, allowing me to think I’d won… But I hadn’t, for that was simply level one…

I heard it the second I met you, that sound, it reminded me, you know the one, of a 1970s arcade or backroom of a dark dive-bar… But you, you were playing a game, for fun and I was playing for my life…

I knew when I met you, you were the hardest Ghost in Pac-Man and I… I was Pac-Man, never quite strong enough to catch you fully…

That sound, like an 1970s arcade, where games and life intersect… I wish I’d been playing the game…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home