Tuesday, February 22, 2011

With open arms...

What a day!

Today was a blast from the past that I hadn’t expected to enjoy so much. I took a little road trip to old stomping grounds, Santa Fe, the roundhouse to be exact. For folks who don’t know this, I used to be a full time political junkie (with a lightly more professional title usually) who spent most waking moments during our legislative sessions, in our roundhouse lobbying and working and net working. I developed many meaningful and powerful relationships up there, and today I was reminded just how long-lasting they would be. After two years of not being in the building, I couldn’t walk ten feet without someone giving me a huge hug and telling me how much they missed me. It was good, no great, to know that I still have a family.

The high-light was taking the ride with two friends. My Empress will always be an amazing and inspirational person in my life. I met her a few years ago, and I can’t believe how little time has passed given everything we’ve been through. She is a role model in our community, with a sordid past that she owns proudly, and a passion for helping in our community that is unrivaled.

Gymrat, is an old character in my life. We hated each other for years, for no particular reason I think, but recently we were forced to open our minds, and put aside our differences to work together. We have grown to respect and love each other greatly through this process and I am excited to have him in my life.

The drive to and from Santa Fe with My Empress and Gymrat was philosophical, it was mind-blowing and it was heartening. I arrived at home feeling renewed and refreshed!

Then the evening began. And all I can say is that Fishhook has me, line and sinker! His childishness, silliness are uplifting. His maturity and intellect are invigorating. And tonight I saw a side of him that I hadn’t experienced just yet… I was amazed, and excited… I will gush more about him later, but for now I must pack my bag and head to his place… I can’t wait for the cuddling and sleeping and all the amazing things to be expected tomorrow…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home