Monday, February 21, 2011

Back...Again...

I began blogging again with a couple of poems. No one will ever know about whom I wrote those, it will be like my own personal Carly Simon Moment.

My life has taken twists and turns and steep drops and long slow climbs since I last posted on this blog. I still have many of the same friends I have always had, I have made new ones and I’ve lost some along the way.

I have taken drag to a much higher level for myself; LaRhya Daniels is now Miss NM Pride, and performing regularly at the SOCH in ABQ. I have since had a two marriage to a man that still do and always will love. I have had relationships come and go, around those, damaged myself emotionally and physically over them, and lost track of where they are after they crushed my heart.

I have had to tell people to remove themselves from my life, hoping they respect that choice, but also hoping they understand the reasons. I have had to break my own heart time and time again, and I have grown from each one…

I’m not sure where exactly to go with this first narrative posting, except to say that I am much older in experiences and much more mature in my own head than I was a few years ago.

In re-reading the latest blog posts, a few things struck me.

I recently reconnected on Facebook with Galan. He hasn’t spoken directly to me yet, except to approve my friend request, seeing him on Facebook was kind of a shock to me though.

Monday disappointment still occasionally texts me. He stopped when he knew I was married, though he picked up again not long ago, just to see what was up. He has moved back home to the south somewhere, to be with family. It is better for him I think.

I never see BBQ anymore, except occasionally at large GLBT events in the city, his drag has improved as has mine, but mine is still better… :-P

There are new characters in my life, all with creative names, or names that I hope are creative enough, that I’ll undoubtedly introduce and talk about soon, including; Fishhook, Misfortune, Passion Embodied, Painted, Sister and many more! I still have a close relationship with “A-Game” though we are more disconnected these days, as she is in Austin in Law School. My Girls, are around, I live with one and the other is in MA having a great time I have no doubt!

I am looking forward to writing on this again, regularly. I hope I will get back some of my loyal readers, though I have low expectations, this will be writing mostly for me.

To those of you out there wondering if you are a character in the stories of my life, you probably are, but you may never know which character you are, or what role you play, until it is over… I have learned this much, we never know our roles in the lives of others, nor their in ours until we are looking back years or decades later. For hindsight, truly is 20/20, and present vision is the blurriest. Goodnight for now, and God Bless….

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Varvel said...

Wow, we have missed a lot in your life!
Write for yourself first, Pretty Lady/Brother Man, not only to document both the Fabulousness AND the Frightening Things in your life, but also because of the readily available therapy it can provide (not to mention the possible book deal that may come out of it later!).
Cherish yourself as no one else can - because no one else can the way you do! ((hugs))

10:00 PM  
Blogger Marshall said...

Peter
Your words are, as always, encouraging and supportive beyond belief! I look forward to reconnecting with you, through this and other mediums! PS- Loving pics on your blog and FB!!!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home