Friday, March 08, 2013

Anteros The Oracle - An Alternate birth



How long can you stare, Your Majesty?
Until I have seen what I seek?
What do you seek, Your Majesty?
What is meant for me, by The Gods.
How long can you ignore it, Your Majesty?
Ignore it! Ignore what?
That which you seek, Your Majesty, you have been staring for quite some time.......

As The King turned, away from the window, he heard the voice of his oracle again:
How long can you stare, Your Majesty?
How fortunate, am I, he thought to keep a teller of the truth, past and future, in my home. How incredibly, unfortunately fortunate.  
It never stopped amazing The Oracle, the spirit of Athena-trapped by the trickeries of a hedge witch in the middle of the night-how much the King was seeking to know that he already knew.  What bothered the oracle so, was watching The King’s life pass him by, while he searched for the plan of The Gods.  But bound by the true spirit of Athena’s wisdom, he was only allowed to answer what was asked of him, and only enough detail to lead the King to more questions, or hint to the answers, and with each day passing the King asked the same question.
How shall I spend my life, My Gods? What legacy shall I live? And when will I find My Consort, the man who will steal my heart? The man who will help me raise an Heir, The man with whom I will grow old and rule benevolently?
The Oracle was heartbroken daily to hear these questions, saddened more with each  visit, to hear that The King had still not heard the answers, no matter how much The Oracle told him.

One day Hi Majesty stared out the window, and asked The Oracle, _why do you not answer my question?  Why will you never tell me where to find the love of my life? The man who will care for me and treat me as I deserve, not as a King, but as a man a lover? Why will you not tell me my legacy? Whycwill you not help me discover what the Fates, what Zeus and Hera and Athena and Aries all have in store for me? Why won’t you answer me, stupid Oracle? Why do I bother keeping you trapped such, for no answers?
And with that simple thought The Oracle had been freed.  His spirit could only be trapped and kept as long as His Master The King had confidence in his ownership.  One thought of doubt, of denial of his needs and The Oracle was allowed to roam freely in the world.

The King withered in loneliness, solitude his legacy, sadness his planned life from The Gods.
Athena wept openly that day, and took comfort in her hated sister Aphrodite’s warm embrace.  She had left hints since the birth of The King, his legacy to be the one who found True Love and brought a Spirit from the other-side! Athena knew, from the beginning The King was destined to love The Oracle, the Oracle had been created to love him.  But The King spent too much of his time asking The Oracle where to find his true love and never saw what was right in front of him.  If he had only expressed his love for The Oracle…

And how long can you stare, Your Majesty? What do you seek, Your Majesty? The Oracle wandered the earth, never returning to His Majesties Kingdom for the sadness it brought him, never wondering of his own legacy, for it was clear to him, Anteros. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home