Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fear NOT!!!

So...
South Dakota, Women of the US. Fear not!!!
You may have been wondering these past few years of your life, what happens if I find myself pregnant unexpectedly? What do I do? How will I make this choice of bearing a child, or terminating the pregnancy? Don't worry, SD has taken that choice out of your hands, and quite frankly its going to be a new trend I'm sure.
I know I know, what a RELIEF!!! Not having to worry about making your own choices regarding your reproductive healthcare. WHEW

But let's go ahead and take this a step further, I mean, I for one think we ought not to have to decide whether or not to take certain medications when we are ill. So just force me to take drugs with horrible side effects to cure or rather mute the symptoms of my HIV. No it's ok, I'll just do what you tell me too. (I should point out that at this very minute I am not a woman, nor do I plan on being during this life cycle. I am not for one second presuming to speak for women, nor am I trying to pretend like I know what it might be like to face these choices.)
I'm simply making the effort to let people really really where this could go and why its bad.
I read a book recently (more than one actually) that was by Gloria Feldt, former president of Planned Parenthood of America. She said and I'll paraphrase:
This is not a war on choice. This is not a war on abortion. This is a war on women. This is a brutal war against women being equal to men in our society. The reality is, these people don't really care about the kids, or the fetuses they are "Saving. They are simply preventing women form controlling their destinies, their abilities to have careers, and be paid equally, to decide when and whom to marry. To decide how to bring a child into the world, on their on terms, and declare motherhood an active decision. These people want that to go away, or better yet, never come to fruition (because women still get paid 70cents to the dollar a man gets, for equal work, and are still consistently denied real decisions and access to these things.)
These men are making these decisions to maintain the power hold in the hands of men, and that's what this is about.

Here is a story about this from the Equality New Mexico Ball April 8th!

I'm excited to have made such an amazing friend in this endeavor. I'm glad that I think I've politicized to a tiny extent a great person. I'm glad I've gotten someone hooked on the West Wing!!

I think Stephen is a great guy, and I will always love him. But It won't take long, because he hurt me so little, and on purpose, so get over the pain. Thanks Stephen for not hurting me as much as you could have.

I think I'm going to start ending every blog with questions, at least until someone answers some of them....

(A) What happens when women really are relegated to back alleys for abortions? I mean what will your reaction be?

(B)What do you do to overcome a hurtful break up, heartbreak, cheating lover, or any of those types of things?

(C) If you are a liberal, and you had to sell off ONE of your liberal causes in order to protect the other things you care about what would you sell out?
(IE give up abortion rights for enviro, gay rights, civil rights, death penalty ending, etc...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Marshall said...

Lydick

email me my email is posted on the blog!!!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home