Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Introduction

Well this is the second time I've tried this. For someone reason the first blog i created wasn't accepted correctly, and after much work I decided to just re-create it.
I have to say first of all that I owe this to Maggie Toulouse (Maggietoulouse.blogspot.com READ IT) because she insipred me to do this as well. I am going to use this occasionally to rant, like she does, but also because there are conversations I think we need to be having still. Example, the Katrina Hurricane has managed to bury everything else in the news: Rehnquist died, John Roberts Confirmation hearings, Bush Environmental Legislation, multiple other things that ought to be discussed. These are the types of things I want to discuss here, conversations that aren't on the statewide "big blogs", thing that are not on the news or if so, aren't getting much more than a 10 second bullet point brief. I will be talking immediately about things that I woul have liked to talk about a couple of weeks ago: Gay Men Not Allowed to Give Blood (a recent article in the Daily Lobo written about my experience trying to help folks in trouble, by giving blood.)

The short of it is this, There will be days I don't post, It's Hard to keep up, were the words of Maggie. There will be days where I write for hours, Its theraputic for me, and I sometimes write well enough to argue good cases for and against things. And there will be days where its all personal, shout outs to my friends, and rants about family and relationships. (those will all be in a political context as well, no frustrations about boyfriends who dont' buy dinner on here!!)

I hope you'll join occasionally and check it out, and PLEASE write back and let me know what you think! DIALOGUE is the only way humans will ever progress....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home